According to Wikipedia, (for those who consider it a reliable source), “A true antique is an item perceived as having value because of its aesthetic or historical significance, and often defined as at least 100 years old … an antique is usually an item that is collected or desirable because of its age, beauty, rarity, condition, utility, personal emotional connection, and/or other unique features.”
Personal Emotional Connection
At A Mother’s Touch Movers in Melbourne, FL, a family-owned and operated professional moving company with 30 years of experience, a “personal emotional connection” is a concept, a feeling, a value that we live by every day. Whether we are moving your beloved parent or grandparent to their forever home, your college graduate or newlywed to their starter home, or you are just plain tired of the stressful big-city hustle and ready for the less stress rural Florida life, personal and emotional connections to one’s prized possessions are real. Your successful move is our priority and exceeding your expectations by taking extra care of your valuables is our mission.
What is a gawdy vase beyond outdated to one person, maybe a historic family heirloom with priceless memories and endless stories of the “good ole days.” Whether you are opting for the packing services a professional mover provides or self-packing your life’s treasures and collectibles, consider the following tips:
- Be realistic about your ‘packing talents’ and your time (aka ‘Don’t bite off more than you can chew.’) Moving can be as frustrating as filing taxes and as intimidating as public speaking. Add in self-safeguarding irreplaceable valuables such as art masterpieces, hand-crafted ceramics, fragile, dated original photographs, or engraved crystal, and the task has gone from intimidating and frustrating, to straight-up overwhelming!
- Be realistic about your ‘loading talents’ if you are planning a DIY move. Your Uncle Bill and his poker buddies are super sweet to offer to help you pack, load, and transport. In fact, it is often said that you will truly know who your real friends (and family) are when they show up to help you move. However, maybe reserve Uncle Bill and his buds for the garage contents such as lawn tools and outdoor furniture. Grandma’s hand-carved lamps from ancient Greece or Great Grandpa’s individually engraved German Pilsners dating back to the 1840’s, are probably best packed, loaded, and moved by the professionals.
- Be realistic about your ‘moving transportation talents.’ By doing it yourself you might save a few bucks, but that will be all for not, if just a small mistake in your DIY packing, loading, and transporting talents lead to irrevocable damage to your most emotionally meaningful possessions.
- Be realistic about the weather predictions — Florida’s attributes and elements. By that we mean, consider that the months of May through September are the most popular months for in-state relocations. Demand will be great and competitive in securing a professional moving company with a proven track record, 5-star Google reviews, and experienced and compassionate personnel. The beauty and curse of Florida’s weather is in full throttle these months. Tropical storms, hurricanes, record-breaking heat, pop-up showers and lightning, and often storm surge and flooding in the northern parts of the state are unpredictable and predictable at the same time. It is going to happen, it’s just a matter of when, where, and how severe.
Having been leaders in the moving industry, serving the state of Florida for over 30 years, we have learned quite a few things. Florida is home to more senior citizens than any other state in the nation and our seniors have many personal emotional possessions.
One of the many areas in which A Mother’s Touch Movers excels is in it is compassionate care and treatment of families moving a beloved parent or grandparent into an assisted living facility or another family member’s or caregiver’s home. As a family-owned and operated moving company in Melbourne, FL serving Brevard County and the entire state of Florida, we have been recognized as THE dedicated moving company for many senior communities including:
- The Fountains of Melbourne
- Glenbrooke at Palm Bay
- The Brennity at Melbourne Senior Living
- Sonata at Melbourne
- Century Oaks
- Grand Villa of Melbourne
- Viera Manor
- Hibiscus Court
- Southland Suites Melbourne
- Courtney Springs Village
- Victoria Landing Waterfront
At A Mother’s Touch Movers, we value and honor our seniors and go out of our way to help ensure that everything about their move is stress-free and exceeds expectations. Let us remove the guesswork from your move and provide a free estimate knowing your most prized possessions will be secure with us.