About 31 million Americans move every year with most of those concentrated during the “moving season.” AMSA, the American Moving and Storage Association, gathered relocation statistics and found that the top five most popular months to move were May, June, July, August, and September. Demand for high-quality local moving company services increases during these high-volume months; A Mother’s Touch Movers in Melbourne, FL is your best resource in planning ahead and completing your entire move stressless and hassle free. We recently added a seventh truck to our fleet precisely to serve our customers even more efficiently during peak demand.
In response to the unforeseen and unwelcomed COVID-19 pandemic, all industries, global, national, statewide, and local were forced to make radical changes to effectively serve their customers safely and responsibly. A Mother’s Touch Movers was no exception and in fact, has excelled in providing first-class, personalized attention to families and businesses relocating in highly uncertain times, with over 100 positive Google reviews to prove it.
If you are moving between May and September, consider the following when selecting the right moving company for your needs:
- Adaptation to the latest in safety measures brought on by COVID-19; it should be obvious to you – the valued customer – the innovations and responsiveness the company and its employees have undertaken in light of the pandemic. At A Mother’s Touch Movers, we pride ourselves on taking extra precautions and remaining vigilant and ahead of change.
- Social Distancing is key. While it may be confusing when the Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) figurative goal posts move from six feet to three feet or somewhere in between, it is a vital practice in the moving process and one we take seriously.
- Your presence is not necessarily necessary. We understand that it is nearly impossible to not want to be onsite during the packing and loading of your most precious valuables, keepsakes, or your pricey electronics. However, selecting a trusted, licensed, bonded, and insured moving company, allows you to truly socially distance from a distance and rest assured your belongings are in the reliable hands of experts. They will call you with any questions or concerns.
- Virtual cost estimates are another opportunity to limit interaction between your family and your mover whether you are moving from Tallahassee to Tampa or Pensacola to Palm Beach. At A Mother’s Touch Movers, we prefer to see all of our potential customers and their homes or businesses in person, yet we respect that may be considered risky by some clients. We can work with you in a safe way in which you are most comfortable, oftentimes with a virtual tour and conveniently over the phone and by email.
- Reassured is how you should feel after interviewing professional moving companies knowing they have created a safe working environment for their employees and have mitigated any risks to you, the client.
Let’s Revisit the Moving Season and the Demand You Can Expect
- While Florida has been one of the more progressive states in lifting COVID-19 lockdowns early and consistently, other states extended their stay indoors and stay-at-home orders to the point in which their residents are exhausted, frustrated, and bolting South.
- Flocking to Florida and fleeing within Florida are two phenomena directly resulting from COVID-19 shutdowns and high tax states. The Florida Chamber of Commerce and multiple news sources say nearly 1,000 people move to Florida every single day. At A Mother’s Touch Movers, we can attest to this trend first-hand. The coronavirus pandemic has catapulted an unprecedented number of our Florida resident clients fleeing densely populated, major metropolitan cities for the suburbs and rural areas where open space, distance from crowds, and social unrest avoidance are newly cherished priorities.
- May through September annually are the busiest months for moving. According to MyMovingReviews.com, the months of “May and June saw Americans searching for moving services with renewed vigor and determination.” Its website blog traffic during those two months “spiked by more than 130% thus, mirroring the eager desire of many to relocate to a safer place.”
- Commercial moves are also on the rise which creates increased demand for moving trucks and experienced moving personnel. Moving companies may be consumed with the increase in residential moves and timely implementation of all recurring and new safety precautions. It is best to plan early and secure space on their calendars well in advance of your move for the least stressful relocation experience. com also reported that 2020 has seen a drastic rise in commercial moves – an increase of 94.47% compared to 2019. “The logic behind this seemingly surprising piece of statistics is this: due to the pandemic, many companies have had to let their employees work remotely from their homes in order to minimize the risk of infection with COVID-19 (social distancing).” Employers are downsizing their overhead and commercial space in hopes of not downsizing their workforce.
- Florida is the premier destination for relocations with New York City, followed by Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia as the top outbound cities. Florida and Texas remain the top two states attracting the most new residents.
So, What Is the Bottom Line?
Florida is the hottest and sunniest relocation market in the nation. Competition to secure a quality professional moving company that will treat your family members, current home, new home, and most valuable possessions with safety protocols, care, and experience will be in high demand May through September and beyond.
A Mother’s Touch Movers, Brevard County’s premier moving company, is here for you and proven with a 5-star Google review rating. Whether you are making a residential move with your life’s treasures or a commercial move with your critical or fragile business equipment, your individualized move is personal to us. It becomes our top priority from start to finish.
Contact A Mother’s Touch Movers – the premier moving company in Melbourne, FL, and beyond – for a free estimate today and receive the quality 5-star services you deserve.